Representative Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) is pressing the Treasury Department for answers regarding the US cash payment to Iran earlier this year. In a letter, Representative Wilson said he’s “gravely concerned with the nefarious possibilities” of what Iran could do with the $1.7 billion cash payment. Earlier this month lawmakers accused the Obama administration of paying the $1.7 billion as a bribe in exchange for the release of prisoners held in Iran. Wilson is one of the first lawmakers to bring up another point that such a large sum of cash could likely end up being used to fund terrorism.
- Terrifying video released of Detroit bus crash
- 'Petya' ransomware: Experts tout 'vaccine' to protect computers from crippling cyber attack
- Central Park explosion: New evidence sought in probe nearly 1 year after blast
- 'Cash Me Ousside' teen pleads guilty
- TODD STARNES: 'Pinhead' behind attack on Ten Commandments statue - VIDEO: Ten Commandments monument destroyed in Arkansas