Representative Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) is pressing the Treasury Department for answers regarding the US cash payment to Iran earlier this year. In a letter, Representative Wilson said he’s “gravely concerned with the nefarious possibilities” of what Iran could do with the $1.7 billion cash payment. Earlier this month lawmakers accused the Obama administration of paying the $1.7 billion as a bribe in exchange for the release of prisoners held in Iran. Wilson is one of the first lawmakers to bring up another point that such a large sum of cash could likely end up being used to fund terrorism.
- 'THE STORY' Paul Ryan: Trump's budget plan is 'right on the target'
- TRUMP MEETS THE POPE President, Francis meet for 30 minutes at Vatican
- PREGNANCY FALLOUT Pregnant teen barred from graduation ceremony
- FROM LIBYA TO UK Manchester bomber had come back from N. Africa
- KNOWN TERROR TIES: Manchester bomber visited Syria, had 'proven' links to ISIS, French minister says