Representative Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) is pressing the Treasury Department for answers regarding the US cash payment to Iran earlier this year. In a letter, Representative Wilson said he’s “gravely concerned with the nefarious possibilities” of what Iran could do with the $1.7 billion cash payment. Earlier this month lawmakers accused the Obama administration of paying the $1.7 billion as a bribe in exchange for the release of prisoners held in Iran. Wilson is one of the first lawmakers to bring up another point that such a large sum of cash could likely end up being used to fund terrorism.
- Tennessee Amber Alert: Teacher planned to take girl to Mexico, documents show
- Man initially denied lung transplant over pot use dies after complications, family says
- Crime fighting robots may be coming to a mall near you
- 15 charged in South Dakota 'chop shop' for eagles, officials say
- Truck carrying radioactive material stolen in Mexico